Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Retri paladin application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darônos

Retri paladin application Empty
PostSubject: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 19:29

Personal Information

Your real name:
My real name is Chris

Age and Country:
I am 23 years old and come from the UK

Tell us about yourself:
About me, i work in IT, mixture of both customer support and techie, dont want to go on about work too much as it consumes enough of my life as it is without talking about it outside of hours. I live in the Midlands area of the UK, can drive and am learning to scuba dive - although diving in the UK have to say isn't really anything in comparison to how diving should be ie clear blue warm sea lol. Have various friends that play wow some met through irl and some that i have met via wow and used to raid with.
Could go into describing myself but hey, don't that remove the mystery and fun of imagining what the persons who's voice you are listening to sounds like?

Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs:
My WoW history, well have been playing for about 2 years now, yes i know not long in comparison to some of the old skool members but think it has changed so much in the time ive been playing it that in comparison to the "old game" its a fair bit different now.
I started WoW after me and my girlfriend brother went to Väla at 12/1 in the morning for him to buy his copy of the Burning Crusade. At the time the whole idea of WoW had been explained to me by him and i had watched him play, curious to see what it was all about, but seeing all these people queuing up to get the expansion and beeing so thrilled about it all I had to try it out.
Now, maybe that was a bad move because i became hooked on it, maybe good, as i am here now applying for ur guild. one of those 50:50 depending on how u look at it.
So...
First character, ally warrior. Yes alliance, this was mainly due to the fact that the girlfriends brother was an alliance mage and as i knew no-one else and little about the game decided to favour the realm and faction of someone i did know, I levelled her to 52 before purchasing the BC expansion myself and switching to a a horde pally BE, at that time it was all about casting your seal which then was removed from you and so recasting was required... This i found somewhat irratating and as i was trying to find footing in a class decided to try a rogue.

Second Character.. Horde BE Rogue.
This i guess was my first "propper" horde character, i was on Frostwhisper at the time, and joined a guild called Accolyte of Gutterjaw. I levelled up to the cap which at the time was 70 and once there began to PvP since the guild was more a pvp guild than pve.

At around this time was when i started working in my current job, i met some of my work colleagues and we got talking about everything and it turned out he also played WoW, was all rather co-incidental. Anyways as the weeks went on and we talked about our various classes i decided i wanted to try my paladin again since there had been some changes made and the idea of being plate dps both with the ability to heal myself was kinda appealing (bandage after a while you realise sucks in comparison to some of the other classes healing abilities)
So started my paladin on Frostwhisper up to 23 odd and decided i was going to move realm with him to our current home Twisting Nether where i joined the guil Band Of Gypsies. (yes i could have prob saved £20 by creating a new one and levelled him but I was on a race to get to level 70 (was aiming to get there before the WOTLK came out) however fell short by 5 levels on the day of release.
Playing pally i knew i had found "my class" as it was, i liked everything about the paladin, i know some thing they are OP but i found it just suited what i wanted from a class.
So got up to 80 then i really started running instances with the guild. Been here now since then raiding with BoG but as of late things have gone rather quiet and i would like to continue raiding the new content and so here we are at this present time and application

Info about your computer and internet connection:
PC is a self build, if honest is a year old now so could do with upgrading but paying for various things limits this.
Spec is roughly:
Intel Dual Core
NVidia Geforce 8800GTS overclocked
2 x 22" lcd's
gaming mouse & keyboard
Headset with mic
Big heavy glowing Thermaltake case
& more fans than you can shake a stick at.

Connection: isnt the world fastest connection in regards to streaming video from the net, but is tweaked to run as fast as possible with small packet data (such as WoW uses) so ms is normally 35ms can go up to 50ms depending on time of evening & location

How stable is your internet connection?:
Have only been d/c'd once or twice during 60 odd raids.

How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat?
FPS is on average around 70fps - 80fps dependant on how much magic is being thrown around at the time. However if there are multiple mages on a roll can lower to 60ish. However all settings are currently max'd so various effects options can be adjusted if fps drops too much for my liking - ie not smooth playing.
Should note has never been an issue in the 25man's that i have entered.

Whats your ping (latency) in dalaran?
Well am currently in Dalaran and am sat at 45ms

Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Answer in Yes or No

Character Information
Character Name:
Darônos

Class & Race:
Blood Elf Paladin

Professions (including Cooking & Fishing): (State your skill and rare recipies also)
Alchemy: 450
Herbalism: 450

Little letdown here with the cooking and fishing, am working on now upping it though:
Fishing: 228
Cooking: 225

First Aid: 450 = if mana runs out you always have a bandage to hand..

Main spec:
Retribution

Off Spec:
Protection

Armory Profile:

Information about your Keybindings: (We need to know what sort of keybindings you use for your spells/abiltiies.)
Not an overwheling amount of keybindings but have a few;
Target (tanks name at the time) and flashheal / same target lay on hands
Target tanks name cleanse and or purify
Currently a temp macro for targeting tank to cast hand of protection as a safeguard

My Macros for my character:
Switch out my librams when switching my seal

Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone which you can use if needed?: (Yes / No)
Yes to both

Previous PvE Experience:
Classic:
Scarlet Monastery
Scholomance
Shadowfang Keep
Sunken Temple
Uldaman
Rozorfen Downs
Ragefire Chasm

TBC:
None, was levelling via quests at this time, so ran no instances between 60 & 70

WotLK:
Naxxramas
Trial Of the Champion
Drak'Tharon Keep
Utgarde Pinnacle
Halls Of Lightening
Halls Of Stone
The Occulus
The Culling Of Stratholme
Azjol-Nerub

Hodir rep level :

First aid level :

Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? (High rating players is a huge plus)
Nothing to really shout about, mainly pvp for a bit of fun and to get some honor (casual)

Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?:
Can help out with web design aspects if needed, also photoshopping images, banners, logo's etc.

What do you expect from Results May Vary?
Friendly guild with the chance to raid the current end game instances

Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need?
Yes

We raid Thursday and Monday 19:00-23:00. Does the times suit you?
Yes

How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid?
There are no days as such that i am unable to raid

Who controls your game time? (Wife/Girlfriend etc)
Myself, have to have control of at one aspect of my life :p

Any additional information you need to tell us?
I apologise if there are any spelling mistakes in the above application. Smile also i am aware that you may well have enough ret paladins in your guild at the moment and if it is the case that there is currently no space ie raid spots i understand, however if this is the case, could i propose perhaps an option of joining the guild as a "in the wings" reserve member?

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface):

Image from a little while back:

Retri paladin application WoWScrnShot_092809_210139

Thank-you for taking the time to read my app guys.
Back to top Go down
Darônos

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 19:37

As my armory profile didnt seem to want to show as a hyperlink, so have added it below as text - sorry copy & paste job (stupid ô):

Armory Profile:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Darônos
Back to top Go down
Darônos

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 20:24

Don't you hate when you re-read something then realise your mistakes and been a little stupid answering some of the questions...

In relation to Hodir rep, am Exalted not 999 ><

In relation to the Previous PVE experience:

Raids at classic:
Didn't raid during "Classic wow" since i wasn't playing the game at that time..

Same with TBC, since at that time i was levelling so not able to raid on any of my characters.

In relation to Wotlk:

Naxx: 10 & 25
Ulduar 10 - cleared
Hdd Modes: I choose you steelbreaker, Crazy Cat Lady, Heartbreaker, Loose your illusion
ulduar 25 - 7/14 bosses down

Apologise that I screwed those bits up.
Back to top Go down
Naveine
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Naveine

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 20:33

well, Chis is a very good player. I played with him for quite a long time in Band of gypsies. He was one of the best players that the guild had and he was always willing to help in any raid and all the members. Due to the needs of the guild switched to tanking spec and he is a good tank as well. If we need any paladins, i think that we could give him a chance to try.

Here is the armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Dar%C3%B4nos
Back to top Go down
Dagur
Grunt
Grunt
Dagur

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyThu 19 Nov 2009, 21:02

Well i can vouch for this guy as well since we played on the same guild for 3-4 months. He has a good attitude, he can focus during raids and also have some fun while at it. He can also bring some cool tunes to the vent as well. :-P The only thing that has held him back was the lack of members and the fact we were only doing 10 mans. If we still have a spot for a retri, Chris would be a nice addition to the guild.
Back to top Go down
Voltus
High Warlord
High Warlord
Voltus

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 09:29

Hello Darônos,

Welcome to our forum.

I like your application. It's good.
As character you seem cool and friendly and I trust what Dagur and Naveine said.

Your raid experience is low but I hope you can learn fast.
You are a bit overcapped on expertise when you have active your seal with that glyph but ok.
Gemming and enchants are the proper.

Well, possible you will have the final answer till the next reset. We have a spot for a Retribution Paladin but we have to discuss some things with the other officer(s) first.
Back to top Go down
Darônos

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 11:06

Hi Voltus,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I do have the wrathstone trinket, although is a slightly lower lvl item, i believe it has has a nice green crit stat (crit strike rating of 100ish) on it as apposed to expertise, so can maybe look at switching those 2 over to resolve the expertise overcapping issue.

Is a fair point in relation to raid experience and appreciate this is not ideal, but would do my best to catch up bring myself up to speed to make up for my shortfallings in current experience.

Shall await your decision.
Many thanks

Chris
Back to top Go down
Voltus
High Warlord
High Warlord
Voltus

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application EmptyMon 23 Nov 2009, 17:52

Hello again Darônos,

We are gonna close this topic at least for the moment, we have filled up our retri spots.
If we will have free spot in future first of all we will run up on our applications.

Thank you for your interesting.

Good luck meanwhile =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retri paladin application   Retri paladin application Empty

Back to top Go down

Retri paladin application
Page 1 of 1