Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glor
Grunt
Grunt

[Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue   [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue EmptySat 01 May 2010, 11:48

Personal Information
Your real name: Sjoerd
Age and Country: 20, The Netherlands
Tell us about yourself: I'm Sjoerd. I'm a 20 year old student from the Netherlands. Currently I''m studying Business Administration at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. In my free time I'd like to play football, tennis, go out with friends and play WoW.
Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs: I started WoW the 16th of May 2006. I created a rogue named Glor which is the rogue I'm still playing on. With some friends I leveled to 60 and raided a bit in a guild named Naughty Beavers. After a while I started to focus on PvP. It went pretty well and in due time I had the rank to join Cielago's premades, which were the best on the server. Sadly Blizzard then changed the honoursystem leaving me at rank 11 and a 'trauma' which caused me to never really PvP again. Razz Thus I focused on PvE. Just before TBC I joined a guild named Vengeance. We cleared Kara, Gruul and Magtheridon. In SSC we killed Lurker and in TK we killed Void Reaver. The guild then disbanded. Since many guilds were full on rogues it took some time before I found a new one. The guild was called Novus Principium. With them we cleared SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 MH and 4/9 BT. They disbanded aswell. Some members created a new guild directly after though called Addicted and while in that guild I managed to kill the remaining bosses of MH and BT. In the summer they disbanded aswell and since nearly all guilds were full on rogues again I couldn't manage to find a proper guild. Then WotLK hit the realms. I managed to get into a guild named Deadlock. With them I almost got the meta-achievement Heroic: Glory of the Lich King raider. Sadly the Immortal was unobtainable for us. When Ulduar came we cleared up to 12/14 in two weeks but Deadlock then died. I went to Fast Forward. Fast Forward had some trouble on it's own but with some new Deadlock members the guild managed to survive and we killed Yogg. Due to some real life issues concerning my education I was forced to take a break. Due to some other issues concerning payments to Blizzard it took a little longer then expected to get back. XD But now I'm back, pugged myself some decent gear and a bit of experience and it's time to get into a guild again.
Info about your computer and internet connection: E5300 dual-core processor, 4gb ram, 1tb harddisk and 120gt nvidia geforce with 1gb ram.
Do you use an Authenticator?: Nope. Got 2 firewalls and about 4 virusscanners. Razz
How stable is your internet connection?: Pretty stable.
How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat? About 30 on maxed graphs.
Whats your ping (latency) in dalaran? 115ms.
Does ANY other person have or will ever have access/password to your account? : My little brother.
Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Yes.

Character Information
Character Name: Glor
Class & Race: Rogue, Undead
Professions (including Cooking & Fishing): 450 Herbalism, 450 Inscription, 443 Cooking, 450 First Aid and 211 Fishing. Fishing is simply too boring to raise. I have all major glyphs obtainable from the books and I'm working on the few last from Northrend Inscription Research. Furthermore I have some alts that can provide anything I need from profs.
Main spec: 20/51/0 Eviscerate build
Off Spec: 20/51/0 Rupture build
Armory Profile:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Glor

Information about your Keybindings: I think you can see them in the UI screenshot.
Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone?: Yes.
Previous PvE Experience:
Classic: ZG till tiger, AQ'20 first 2 bosses and Onyxia.
TBC: Everything but Sunwell and Kael'Thas.
WotLK: Naxx, Malygos, Sarth3D, Ulduar normal, ToC25 Normal, Icc25 4/12 and Icc10 6/12.
Hodir rep level : Exalted.
First aid level : 450
Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? I have the Lieutenant-General title and managed to get Duelist in the first season. Had a rating of 1749.
Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?: Nope.
List names and class of every character you played at least up to level 70+ Some list. Razz Glor level 80 Rogue, Myri level 80 Warlock, Dietime level 70 Mage (was my brother's char untill WotLK), Bulwar level 70 Warrior, Eiss level 72 Shaman, Althus level 70 Death Knight. Tha's on TN. I've got a level 71 hunter on Bloodhoof and a level 76 Druid on Bloodfeather.

Do you know anyone from Results May Vary? A few people. Lunaire, Cielago and I remember playing in a pug with Xairogue.
What do you expect from Results May Vary? A stable guild that's in for the long term and plays hardcore but with casual times. Hardcore is no slacking, fast learning and a very fast progression rate. In the end we/you should be able to beat every boss possible. From what I can tell you're well under way to becoming that guild.
Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need? Yes but I've played combat from the start so I really prefer sticking to combat. Razz
We raid Thursday and Monday 19:00-23:00. Does the times suit you? Yes.
How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid? As active as needed. I can raid every day but I have a social life and education aswell so 7 days raiding isn't gonna work.
Who controls your game time? (Wife/Girlfriend etc) Me.
Any additional information you need to tell us? I had a WWS report for you but it seems it expired two days ago. :S

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface): [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue Wowscrnshot041410140839.th
Back to top Go down
lungorthin
High Warlord
High Warlord
lungorthin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue   [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 03:52

nice application - we ll give you final answer within next days
Back to top Go down
Mahi
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue   [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 13:19

Hey Glor,

A couple of observations. There might be umpteen reasons for these things being the way they are and i might have overlooked those reasons, so feel free to reply back

As combat it usually is quite a task to achieve the "right" stats and its a hard juggling act. Hence getting capped stats is usually not very practical (factors like still being in the process of acquiring gear etc)

There is a certain limit though, and stats upto this limit are still considered very decent.

Unfortunately your current stats are considerably lower than the lower limit of acceptable ones.
And even though your gear isnt too bad , the resultant stats will not show great output in terms of damage.

Primary focus ArP- 54.45% just doesnt cut the mustard and yes its a continual process in upping this figure. There is a bit you could do ; from your gemming, and choice of thrown etc , getting the official expertise cap looks like a high priority for you.

expertise for combat is not such a priority as other stats and I can tell you from personal experience that even a value of 19 expertise(4.75% reduced chance to dodge by the target) wouldn't have such an impact on your output as as opposed to having more ArP. Theory crafters just might scoff at that ...but yeah personal exp counts for something.

So free up some gem slots and and gem more arp.

Ofc you are heavily limited by gear at this stage and are prolly aware of all the things ive said (since you have played a rogue for some considerable time)

hf
Back to top Go down
Glor
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue   [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 15:24

Hey Rizk,

Thanks for the feedback. The throwing weapon was a little mistake with armourswitching. As you can see I'm wearing Shrapnel Star now.
Then your comments about the gems. I'm using a spreadsheet to see what's the highest DPS possible I can achieve. Since I have to pug instances it's very hard to make a comparison between DPS outputs in pugs. Hence I'm dependent on the spreadsheets. The expertise gems give 2 more DPS each over ARP gems when I switch them and I would lose socketbonuses resulting in a 40 DPS loss overall. So the choice is simple in my opinion.
You observed correctly though that the DPS per gem rises when I've got more ARP. But like you said it's hard to acquire gear. Sadly I've even lost a 99 roll on Deathbringer's Will. Would I have gotten that I would have gemmed ARP. For now though it seems more beneficial for me to gem expertise.

I hope this answer takes away some questions.

Regards,
Glor
Back to top Go down
Voltus
High Warlord
High Warlord
Voltus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue   [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue EmptyWed 05 May 2010, 22:05

Glor wrote:

Do you use an Authenticator?: Nope. Got 2 firewalls and about 4 virusscanners. Razz

Quote :
Nope. Got 2 firewalls and about 4 virusscanners and I'm playing with 1 fps!

Hehehe Razz
Back to top Go down
Voltus
High Warlord
High Warlord
Voltus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue   [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue EmptyThu 06 May 2010, 22:15

Accepted for trial.

Whisper an officer for invitation.

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue   [Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Glor, Combat Rogue
Page 1 of 1