Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Accused
Warlord
Warlord
Accused

[Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 10:07

Personal Information
Your real name:
Daniel

Age and Country:
27, Denmark

Tell us about yourself:
I live with my girlfriend in our appartment which we bought together last year.
We have been together for 5 years and she hates WoW Sad

I work as a IT Consultant for a mid-size company in Copenhagen.
I do Citrix solution design/planning, installment/configuring, troubleshoting and advisory for our costumers.
I also work with virtualization technologies like VMware and Hyper-V basicly same job functions as with Citrix.
I have a portfolio of MS certifications and at periods of time I need to focus on increasing my nerd skills with new certifications.

Acouple of years ago I gave up playing Icehockey which I untill 2007 played in the danish 1 division, but a shoulder injuri made me quit. I now do spinning and frequent cyclying events.

Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs:
I started my MMO experiance with SWG a year before WoW was released.
It was all very causual and I only played with friends and family.

When WoW was released I had a few of my SWG friends that wanted to try it out
so I thought i'll tag along and see what all the fuss was about.
No need to say that I soon became excited about WoW and left SWG behind.
My friends had chosen Runetotem and Alliance as their playground so I create my first char along side them.

First char a gnome rogue was quickly created, no real thoughts about gameplay or considerations about Classes was based on my choice.
It was simply the funniest looking model of the alliance.
The leveling was at first slowly but meeting a level 40 human warrior spun off the idea that getting to max level would be cool.

A couple of days later around level 14 I ran into a Night elf yelling out stuff that he was looking for ppl that would join his guild Saint.
That guild later went on to be the biggest guild with 500+ accounts, only consisting of danish ppl.

Still in my early level 20's I was inspired to level quickly as there was rumors that blizz would release something called a raid instance. A massively party with 40 ppl in it.
I decided to take acouple days off from work/training and finally get to level 60, so I would not be left out when the first raid would be called out.
It took one week, long nights and minimal sleep but I made lvl 60 in time to get ready for MC.
The week after MC was released.

No one had a clue, I remembering the total ave and ore about stepping into MC for the first time sporting nothing but greens and blues.

Lets speed things up.
Over the following years, ive been on/off raiding but I have never been as hardcore again as I was near the vanilia end, with 6 raids a week and raids running for 8+ hours.
Sleep was something you at work.

I raided in TBC 4 times a week, I have raided in wotlk 4 times a week, with my last raid in januar.
I can state reasoning for leaving/quiting the game 2 months in pm or in-game.

Im now in CFalts which is a guild consisting as a home for old Cruel Fate members which was a raid guild transfering from Agamaggan last year where we where known as Bad Blood.

Info about your computer and internet connection:
Intel core I7 extreme
16Gb Kingston DDR3 RAM
2x Nvidia GTX295sli
4x kingston SSD disk in raid 1+0

50/50 Mbit Fiber Internet connection.

Do you use an Authenticator?:
Yes I have Authenticator running on my Andriod phone.

How stable is your internet connection?:
Very rare disconnects, only happens when my ISP is performing upgrades.

How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat?
During AOE 40-50
During a boss fight above 90

Whats your ping (latency) in dalaran?
Stabel 20ms

Does ANY other person have or will ever have access/password to your account? :
My little brother have had short access in a periode I was not playing.
Roughly 2 years ago.
Since Changed the password, as I do on a regular basis.

Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Answer in Yes or No
Yes

Character Information
Character Name:
Accused

Class & Race:
Paladin, Blood Elf

Professions (including Cooking & Fishing): (State your skill and rare recipies also)
Jewelcrafting, maxed
I have invested in those need to support retribution and protection.
Mining, Maxed

Main spec:
Retribution

Off Spec:
PvP Retribution atm.
When raiding Protection.

Armory Profile:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Accused
Please disregard the pvp gems in t10 pants and large amount of 10str/10crit gems I use.
The pieces of gear with those gems are ones I use for PvP where im sporting a Cleave crit build.
This means I have sacrified some sustained dps (+str gems) for the more important burst/crit used in my Arms/ret/dpriest arena team. I use the 2pt10 in arena because I find the increased cleave crit synergy to work well with my partners.

These gems will ofcourse get replaced with proper PvE gems.

Main ret spec is getting changed to included aura mastery.

Information about your Keybindings: (We need to know what sort of keybindings you use for your spells/abiltiies.)
1=Crusader Strike,
2=Judgement(this is normal wisdom, with modifier shift as Light)
3=crusader Strike,
4=Exocism,
5=Freedom(MouseOver macro),
E=HoW(MouseOver macro)
Q=HoJ (Targetstarget macro),
F=Cons max rank(Modifier Shift+F= Rank 1)
Shift+1=Divine Plea,
Shift+2=SoV(Modifier Alt+Shift+2=SoC) with Libram equip included in script.
Shift+3=Aura mastery with aura change and raid else party warning.'
Shift+C=Sacred shield(MouseOver macro)
F1=Flash light(Targetstarget macro)
F2=Holy light(Targetstarget macro)
F3=Hand of Salvation(MouseOver macro)
F4=Holy Wrath
Numpad1=Avening Wrath(Including trinket if on use)
Numpad2=Auto run
Numpad3=Lay on Hands(MouseOver macro)
Numpad4=Hand of Sacrifice(MouseOver Macro)

These are the important once I use, I have binds for everything as I hate clicking.
Reason for using numpad keys are because I have a Razer Naga mouse, with 12 buttons on the side remapping numpad functions to this.
Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone?: (Yes / No)
Yes

Previous PvE Experience:

Classic:
MC (Full clear) (Class: Rogue)
BWL (Full clear) (Class: Rogue)
ZG (Full Clear) (Class: Rogue)
AQ20 (Full clear) (Class: Rogue)
AQ40 (Full clear) (Class: Rogue)
Naxx (Untill Thadius) (Class: Rogue)
All 4 dragons cleared
Onyxia (Full clear) (Class: Rogue)

TBC:
Karazahn (Full Clear) (Class: Shamie,Spriest,Mage)
Gruuls lair (Full Clear) (Class: Shamie,Spriest)
Maggie (Clear) (Class: Shamie,Spriest)
The gap here in raid instances is because I rerolled horde at this point
Mount Hyjal (Full Clear) (Class: Mage, Warlock)
BT (Full Clear) (Class: Mage, Warlock)
SWP (Brut down, after nerf patch) (Class: Mage, Warlock)

WotLK:
Naxx 10 + 25 (Full Clear) (Class: DeathKnight)
Sartharion 10 + 25 (Clear) (Class: DeathKnight) done 25 with 3 drakes, pre-ulduar.
Malygos 25 (clear) (Class: DeathKnight) speed kill pre-ulduar.
Ulduar 10/25(some bosses and HM's, but never been on a full clear)(Class:Paladin)
ToC10/25(Clear)(Class:Paladin,Rogue)
ToGC10(Clear with mad skill) (Class: Paladin)
ToGC25 (Beasts + jax) (Class: Paladin)
ICC10(7/12) (Class: Paladin)
ICC25(7/12) (Class: Paladin)

Hodir rep level :
Exhalted

First aid level :

Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? (High rating players is a huge plus)
3v3, Ret, arms, dPriest 1500 rating, my arms warrior partner had his account hacked just after starting so we havent been able to play since.

Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?:
Would love to say I do, ive fancyed making a movie for ages and have fraps/Sony Vegas.
But I havent had time to learn how to use the tools.

List names and class of every character you played at least up to level 70+(Experience with other classes is a small plus)

Demagia, lvl 80 rogue.
Slapdot, lvl 80 Warlock.
Nibram, lvl 80 DK.
Fung, lvl 80 Mage.
Accused, lvl 80 Paladin.
Haffenpaf, lvl 72 Priest.
Xanzer, lvl 70 Warrior.

Do you know anyone from Results May Vary?
No I dont think so.

What do you expect from Results May Vary?
Im looking for a raid enviroment that is "hardcore"/professionel in say skilled players, focus and the will to push for a kill.
Im looking for the above but at max 2 times a week, because my RL schedule is important, and I no longer want to sacrifice my real life over WoW.
Im online almost every day, but its not every day I can say raid 4-5 hours straight.

Im looking for a friendly guild, with active players.
I want to experiance the few left encounters of wotlk, where I left off with my old guild.

Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need?
Yes

We raid Thursday and Monday 19:00-23:00. Does the times suit you?
Yes

How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid?
Here comes my problem with RL.
If we raid on a weekly base Monday and Thursdag I can make those days because I can put them in my schedule.
If raids are not known in advanced besides these two days I have a hard time making it, because I just cant shuffle my RL Schedule around easely.

Who controls your game time? (Wife/Girlfriend etc)
Work,
Girlfriend (Its not funny living with someone who hates WoW) but if planned its not a problem.

Any additional information you need to tell us?
I consider myself to be mature, skilled and very patience.
I always bring my a-game when raiding. I have few to none fuckups(not the ret is the most vital role to play) during raiding.
I have the experiance that when running raids with new ppl for the first couple of times is where you fuckup abit more than usual because of the insecurity.

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface):
I can not post at current time because im at work.

[Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin Wowscr11

BR
Accused

PS.
Comments/tips, points and critizism on my applicatino is welcome.

Last edited by Accused on Wed 12 May 2010, 20:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
onewinged
Warlord
Warlord
onewinged

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 12:13

Hello, fellow Ret Wink

I don't know why you say to disregard 10str/10crit gems, as they we're THE gems to gem with 2pT9/2pT10, which you're still sporting. Yeah the gem in the pants with Stamina, should be replaced with pure STR Smile

Yet, you have an issue with gemming - where's your third Dragon's Eye? Wink (Common fail, did that many times also.)

The spec is one of the standard specs, so there's not really much to comment on >_>

Mining - it's not really optimal for dual specs, yes it's good for Prot, as it gives stamina, but it gives nothing to Ret.

The gear is a bit lacking for the content we're doing now (ICC 25 Heroic), so that's up for officers to decide...

That's pretty much it Smile Good luck with your application!
Back to top Go down
Accused
Warlord
Warlord
Accused

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 12:34

The 3'dragons eye must have gone out the window when I switched pants.
But now its easy to find a spot to put it Wink
I was unsure if 10str/10crit was better than pure str. gems.

But then again I havent noticed any big increase/decrease in dps.
Also ive been pugging to get some bits updated but one can only take so many pug groups.
It eventually starts to wear on your enjoyment of the game.

I pick mining to support leveling JC and I leveled both of them at the same time.
I would love to change mining into Blacksmithing, but I find the low lvl reagtens to be very expensive on TN, although gold is not the problem.
Back to top Go down
onewinged
Warlord
Warlord
onewinged

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 14:17

Dragon's eye switching happens when playing both PVE and PVP >_> I just tend to use them on the same gear pieces.

The DPS increase from the str/crit gems is small (say about 5dps for socket with 6+str bonus) at 2p/2p scenario.
When you have 4pT10 - pure str is about 5dps increase over str/crit Smile But yeah, these numbers are so small, that either gemming can be considered correct.

Hey, you have Mining to support BS also Razz To relieve stress from pugging, grab a beer or three and go go farm Razz

Anyways, let's wait till any officers have to say something Smile
Back to top Go down
kradya
Centurion
Centurion

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 20:25

Accused wrote:

Do you know anyone from Results May Vary?
No I dont think so.

You dont remember me? For Cruel Fate and CF alts? We raided together with your DK Nibram!!!!!

Anyways he was good with his DK at start of WOTLK, outdpsing everyone. Hope he is doing same job with this paladin too. It seems he is a bit undergeared for Hard modes but this can be fixed with 1-2 runs. Good luck with your application.
Back to top Go down
Accused
Warlord
Warlord
Accused

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 20:34

Kradya ofc I remember you mate Smile
Just did'nt know what guild you where in.

I agree that my gear is lacking for HM's.

(DK's where horrible OP in the begging of wrath.) Wink
Back to top Go down
Accused
Warlord
Warlord
Accused

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 12:39

I thought WTH and leveled BS instead of mining.
Back to top Go down
lungorthin
High Warlord
High Warlord
lungorthin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptySun 16 May 2010, 11:53

i ll give you a final answer within the next 4-5 days . Lack of gear doesnt make it easy to make a final decision .
the raiding days are fixed (monday and thursday 18:45-23:00 and dont shift arround), so you can plan ahead for months and what we expect from trials is 100% attendance .

Last edited by lungorthin on Sun 16 May 2010, 11:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Accused
Warlord
Warlord
Accused

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptySun 16 May 2010, 11:53

It can be very close to 100%.
There is always the odd chance of an emergency, not that one have occurred for me yet Smile.

Im not on call duty at work, so thats not a problem.
As I told in my application its only when the raids are not scheduled at least 1 week ahead that I would have problems, not to say I would'nt make it.

I just like to be able to plan stuff ahead of time.

[Edit]
I understand that I am under geared for the content you are facing.
I'll respect your decision whatever the outcome will be.
Back to top Go down
lungorthin
High Warlord
High Warlord
lungorthin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 22:17

1 last question and i ll give you a final answer tomorrow.

how is your tanking (offspec) gear?
Back to top Go down
Accused
Warlord
Warlord
Accused

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 22:24

Not very good.
I never got the chance to bid/need on any "good" items with my last guild.
And im always unlucky with pugs, when ever theres a chance to roll on gear I loose.
Lost DC on a 88roll today -.- and lost DBW the other day on a 90 roll.

Its a mix of low end ilvl200 through ilvl245 and 264, Nothing fancy.
I have logged out in my tanking spec/gear atm.
Back to top Go down
lungorthin
High Warlord
High Warlord
lungorthin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin EmptyFri 21 May 2010, 10:09

contact me ingame for a chat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin   [Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Accused - Retribution paladin
Page 1 of 1