Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dream
Grunt
Grunt
dream

[Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 21:04

Personal Information
Your real name: Sergei
Age and Country: 23. Russia/Moscow
Tell us about yourself: I'm working, making electronic music for many years now and DJing.
Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs: WoW is my first MMO. Started to play in October '09 with my friend. Since then I think we have covered every aspect of the game. Still discovering arenas now, it is our first season and we really want to put more effort in it.

After some decent progress in our guild back in April, guild was disbanded due to the bad attendance. Our progress stopped for some weeks at all. People were coming only on wednesday (it was 3days-a-week raiding guild). Being guildless it was near impossible to pug, like only one good group per week, so I decided to find some better place, was checking wowprogress, reading about battlegroups. Then I created about 10 lvl1 twinks on different servers, ran to Ogrimmar and was researching, checking trade, checking AH. I was impressed like some village boy in the capital city. Now we're here and it is time to find good home.

Talking about early days, was playing a lot in Quake 1 (and 4), then Starcraft and Warcraft III.

Info about your computer and internet connection: intel core2quad 6600 2.4GHz / 4gb ram / radeon 4890 1gb / 24" benq
Do you use an Authenticator?: Yes
How stable is your internet connection?: 12 Mbit / Stable!
How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat?: >50
Whats your ping (latency) in dalaran?: 60ms
Does ANY other person have or will ever have access/password to your account? : No.
Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"?: Yes.

Character Information
Character Name: Tryptamine.
Class & Race: Tauren shaman.
Professions (including Cooking & Fishing): Engineering 450, Jewelcrafting 384. Skilled JC for JC only gems, still too lazy to max it.
Main spec: Restoration.
Off Spec: PvP Elemental.
Armory Profile: Link
Information about your Keybindings: In resto spec I'm using healbot. Apart from that few resto binds include: hyperspeed accelerators (hands), mana tide totem, tidal force, earthliving weapon, water shield, totems, interrupt, (tauren) stun, parachute, nitro boots, bloodlust, mount, flasks.
Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone?: Yes.
Previous PvE Experience:
Classic: None.
TBC: None.
WotLK: Missed everything up to TotC. Everything else was almost impossible to pug. Did 4/5 in TotgC10 once with guildies. ICC10 12/12 (5/12hc), ICC25 10/12 (2/12hc, also had few tries on Rotface and Valithria in pug on this realm, little but experience).
Hodir rep level : Exalted
First aid level : None.
Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket?: 1800 in 3s (h pala/aff lock/ele shaman). Warlock was good, but not a talker really. Also was impossible to find arena mates on the old server. Thus, this is the 2nd reason for transfering.

Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?:
Got some web designing skills.

List names and class of every character you played at least up to level 70+:
Leftfield, Orc warrior. Was also transfered.
Didn't wanna miss an opportunity with Invite-A-Friend bonus (x3 experience) so leveled some alts. However, got bored with leveling pretty quickly, not talking about farming badges and gearing up at 80 is a big-big-big pain in the ass. Now i stick only to my shaman and warrior.

Do you know anyone from Results May Vary?: No.
What do you expect from Results May Vary?: I like the guild name, guild logo, forums, people seem nice, you're raiding 2 days a week with some good progress. So I'm not really expecting. I'm looking forward to.
Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need?: Yes, but I'm not sure it will be necessary since i keep an eye on the changes and lurk a lot.
We raid Thursday and Monday 19:00-23:00. Does the times suit you?: Definitely.
How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid?: I plan to attend every raid. Can never be 100% sure about weekends, but u don't raid in weekends anyway.
Who controls your game time? (Wife/Girlfriend etc): I control myself.
Any additional information you need to tell us?: This is not an application of the year. Making any sort of <application> always causes some mixed feelings, if u know what I mean. However, I'm open for a conversation and will answer any upcoming questions.
Since shaman and paladin recruitments open, please consider this to be a joint application with my friend. We would like to keep playing together and be in the same guild.

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1769758/ui_ss.jpg
Back to top Go down
Carth
Admin
Admin
Carth

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 22:05

Hello! Nice application and your gear shows you know what you are doing. You have done the best you could with the gear available to your progress. My only comments are things you probably already know: change the reputation ring to the resto one Smile and maybe reconsider your boots' enchant. As an engineer the nitro boots are imba to have. You could go with one blue gem less and go for more haste, you should aim for 1269 haste rating with haste food and/or haste elixir. I play with double elixirs to get the haste soft cap and it's expensive just to let you know :p

my only concern is your experience with the game, we recently lost 2 exceptionally good, exprerienced and geared resto shamans and the gap to fill is huge! I hope you prove fit for the job.

Good luck with the application
Back to top Go down
Carth
Admin
Admin
Carth

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 22:11

If you get accepted don't forget to use the trial period to skill the first aid. We aim to be the first guild to get the achievement to heal 10% Valithria normal with bandages.
Back to top Go down
moomoojuju
High Warlord
High Warlord
moomoojuju

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 23:20

Carth wrote:
If you get accepted don't forget to use the trial period to skill the first aid. We aim to be the first guild to get the achievement to heal 10% Valithria normal with bandages.

O_0
Back to top Go down
Darkrequiem
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Darkrequiem

PostSubject: re   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 01:18

specc wise i prefer glyph of lesser heal over riptide , and healing focus over elemental weapons.
my 2 cent
Back to top Go down
dream
Grunt
Grunt
dream

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 06:52

Darkrequiem wrote:
specc wise i prefer glyph of lesser heal over riptide , and healing focus over elemental weapons.
my 2 cent

Healing focus is a waste when u always have a paladin with 'Concentration Aura' in the 25-man raid. But even if he is dead, all u have to do is put Earthshield on yourself to avoid pushback. And honestly, there are just a few fights that may cause this certain problem, while 'Elemental Weapon' gives me extra healing all the time.
Was using 'Glyph of Lesser Healing Wave' before and from my personal experience I think there is no big deal, since I'm the raid healer and I don't focus on the earthshielded target too much. Maybe 'Glyph of Healing Stream Totem' will do some fantastic job in AoE fights tho, wanted to test it but didn't have an opportunity yet Smile
Back to top Go down
Voltus
High Warlord
High Warlord
Voltus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 15:54

Application accepted, poke us in-game for a small chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman   [Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Tryptamine - Restoration Shaman
Page 1 of 1