Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Léquar
Grunt
Grunt

[Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application   [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application EmptySun 05 Apr 2009, 17:32

Personal information

Your real name: Michael Popa , called Mike by friends.

Age and Country:I'm getting 17 on the 1st day of June and living in Romania since I was born.

Tell us about yourself:

There are many things I have to say so I'll start with what's for starting.I'm currently studying at Jean Monnet highschool in district one of Bucharest, the capital city of Romania.I'm highly into school , according to the deal I have done with my parents. As long as my results are good , not excellent , but good I should be raiding problemless , 3 , even 4 days a week.I never had any problems regarding this deal , everything worked out perfect in general and I hope it stays like this in the future aswell.One of the main problems will appear , although , when I hit the 12th grade of highschool , because at the end of that year I'm going to the last-year-like exam of the highschool , to join university (I'm curently in the 10th grade of highschool).The university I wanna join is one about programming as I am studying programming languages at school , my class being mainly focused on Math-Programming.I look forward in my future and I see myself as a programmer , and so I want it to be.

Apart from school , I have different hobbies aswell such as playing guitar , which I sped much time on , but aswell as playing Guitar Hero on my Xbox Console which I love much too.I also like playing tennis , not giving much focus to it though since I'm a dedicated gamer or at least I see myself as one.This is the only MMO I'm playing so such things as raids and other activities in other MMOs are excluded.

Speaking about my attitude regarding the game , I'm a decent and mature enough player in my eyes.I have the knowledge about what raiding brings up , things as being on time , being best prepared in any millisecond of any raid , etc.Bitching and cursing (etc.) things are not in my behaving either , I take everything serious and things like that have nothing to do with my brain.The last and probably the thing you want to know too , are my goals in game as mine in real life I've already spoken of.I am a PvE player , I rarely pvp or just do arena for points.I am not giving much attention to PvP , none almost.I hope that this doesn't bother you because I am not a pvper almost at all , just rarely with my friends when we want to have fun doing it.My goal in the PvE side of the game is accomplishing new challenges , earning new achievements and always being end-game raider.With these said , I also have a real life and over 3 raids a week is much for me, but it should be ok.5 up to 6 days are not even getting in my calculations.We all need a life too , time to spend with friends outside the box and the World of Warcraft.

Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs:

My first and only MMO I played/play is World of Warcraft.I have no other MMOs I like and I find it way too lifeless to play 2 or more MMOs like World of Warcraft at the same time.I sometimes play Counter-Strike but that is rarely done by me and I am not really stunning good there.

Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Yes.

Character Information

Character Name: Léquar

Class & Race: Druid and of course , Tauren.

Professions:

For professions I've went for Inscriptioning which is 437 at the moment but it's raising is steady as I discover new glyphs every day.My jewelcrafting is topped , has some-some gems but I didn't go for buying all the designs since I haven't needed them yet and nobody asked me to do it.I can however use all of my Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Tokens on designs if you want me to.I also chose these professions due to the buffs they give to me , both in special gems / trinkets and shoulder enchants.

Raid specs:

Restoration: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/druid/talents.html?tal=0532003100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002300333121315005313530135

My healing spec is the usual deep Restoration with Nature's Grace and Nature's Splendor.I have went for Wild Growth , as it's druid's most powerful are over effect healing along with Tree of Life which is barely the meaning of Restoration.As you can see in my spec , I haven't went for Replenish , mainly because I don't think that the low amount of the replenishment can actually help that much.I can always respec including it but I don't see it as an improvement for raid as so many classes have the same buff aswell.Nature's Grace and Splendor are chosen by me in order for fights as Instructor Razuvious or Patchwerk.Nature's Grace works very nice with keeping Rejuvenation and Regrowth on the tank and spamming Nourish.Although this was said , I didn't go for more than 1 point in Tranquil Spirit because the current druid-like mana regeneration is very high so mana will be the less of a druid's problems so far.Besides this , Moonglow in the Balance talent tree is still good since it reduces the mana cost on 3 powers , not on just one as Tranquil Spirit.

Feral: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/talents/druid/talents.html?tal=00000000000000000000000000005032321303220103531203001135100550301200000000000000000

About my my feral spec these are the things I can say.I'm talented as 0/55/16 , as most druids , deep into Feral Combat with Berserking and 1 point in King of The Jungle for the additional threat on bosses which do not hit very hard.Other than that I went for all the talents giving dodge (Feral Swiftness , Natural Reaction) , crit immunity (Survival of Fittest) , stamina (Survival of the Fittest , Heart of the Wild) and many other that give more threat , more tps (Protector of the Pack , Leader of the Pack etc.).My talents in Restoration sound about like this : Naturalist and Master Shapeshifter for the additional damage and threat per second and Omen of Clarity for basicly the same thing as if I loose rage and get out of it I can't do any threat.

Armory Profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=L%C3%A9quar - Currently in my both tank gear and spec.I can however enchant my chest with the best enchant if you wish me to be tank , else I'll leave it like this.

Information about your Keybindings: This took me a long time to decide how to use it at first but now they sound like this : I use Shift+1,2,3,4,5,6 for shaping into any form needed; I also use my Shift+Other keys for my general powers (Taunt , Swiftmend , Enrage etc) I usually use either C+Other keys for cooldowns or just press them by mouse.I generally like to have almost all of my keys binded and ready to use at any time when needed.I see them as the best way to react fast and save the situations (Mouse clicking ain't the best there is if you ask me).

Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone which you can use if needed?: Yes.

Previous PvE Experience:

I am a The Burning Crusade player so my experience is only earned after the expansion in Vanilla World of Warcraft.Since I started raiding , my raiding experience has been composed by playing two characters , my first one , a hunter and this one, the druid. Once I was fully blue geared and revered with most of Outland's Factions I have entered Ghastly Condemned , a guild which I cleared Karazhan with as hunter , forwarded by clearing Gruul's Lair with it aswell.Deciding that hunter isn't much fun anymore I have changed to this druid which was almost 70 by that time and started raiding Karazhan and Gruul's Lair with it.In the guild Atrox we progressed to Magtheridon and started the tries on The Lurker Below.Some time after , the guild disbanded and as I was accepted in Last Resort of Raiders I have started with Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep which were cleared later on , but after the attunement for Black Temple and Mount Hyjal was out.We moved on to Mount Hyjal and Black Temple , cleared both and the guild was forwarded by a disband after Illidan Stormrage was down.I didn't get a chance for Sunwell Plateau as I quit raiding for some months and only thing I did inside that raid were some tries on the first boss.Apart from these I have cleared all raid instances of 60's except for Ahn'Qiraj 40 , but in The Burning Crusade.

Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket?

As I said I do not PvP much.The only arenas I have done were with this druid up to ~1900 rating in the season 3 of The Burning Crusade expansion and with my hunter up to ~1800.I don't really like the PvP side of the game now as druid so I'm currently leveling a Death Knight and a Paladin for that.Besides this I still like to have fun with World PvP and sometimes in Battlegrounds too.

What do you expect from Results May Vary?

I expect the guild to be a decent one.In the word "decent" I mean a guild which respects raid days (Doesn't raid when people are online , but when the raid it's planned) , raid hours too (Don't start loads of time later or before) and overall a not hardcore but not very casual either , more of a middle-like raiding guild which enjoys the raids and works hard for achieving the new challenges fast , clearing all content before anymore of it appears.

Do you like playing your class? Answer, also why?

First of all I have played a Hunter.Deciding that hunter is already getting boring I leveled a druid up to 70 and decided I could raid with him a bit too so once I started Gruul's Lair and forwarded by Magtheridon's Lair I have found it way more fun to tank then to dps as hunter in raids.At Wrath of the Lich King I tried to become one of a guild's tanks but it seemed like tanks are mostly full on every guild.After this I decided to spec to Restoration , geared up for it and now I'm not deciding between my specs , but as you need either a Feral Tank or a Restoration Druid I believe it's up to you to choose what you want me to play.I generally enjoy my class in all the ways possible , less as Cat Form dps but the rest are all fun , mainly in this order Moonkin>Tree>Bear>Cat.

How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid?

I can schedule my current weekly plan by the raid days , but can only come to 3 , hardly 4 a week.I prefer not to raid on Wednesday and Monday as Tuesday and Thursday I have hard days but it's not a problem at all if the raids are put there as I can do what I have to do before that.Overall I shouldn't be missing any raid at all , although I will announce at least someone if there will be a problem and I should be missing.

Any additional information you need to tell us?

There is something I would like to tell you , regarding my current gems and something else.For Restoration I have chosen as many Spellpower gems as I could because the mana regeneration is not a problem for a druid (as I stated before).Although this , on Ulduar as mana regen is changing a bit from what I seen I will probably go for Spirit gems and Spirit trinkets (Such as the one from OS 10 or Naxx 10 , not excluding Darkmoon Card: Greatness with either 90 Intellect or 90 Spirit). Regarding my tank gear , I mainly went for Stamina along with Agility as a balance between them is the best option I see (Will change some gems when Ulduar gets out with 8 Agility 12 Stamina , Shifting Twilight Opal).

The other thing I'd want to tell is that if you wish to see my healing gear as I'm in my tanking one now , please do not hesitate to poke me in game.Aswell I leave it up to you to choose as which way you want me , tank or healer (I see you don't need Moonkins at the moment but that can be an option too if you wish:P).

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface):

[Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application Wowscrnshot021809204440
Back to top Go down
Patulous
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Patulous

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application   [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application EmptySun 05 Apr 2009, 18:44

One of the best applications ive ever read.very well written.Super vouch u seem to know what you're doing alien alien
Back to top Go down
Carth
Admin
Admin
Carth

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application   [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application EmptySun 05 Apr 2009, 21:19

Awesome application. I enjoyed alot the part where you describe your specs and why you speced this way.

I have spoken with him ingame and seems very mature and straight forward kind of guy, i think he will make a great addition to the guild, not only as a player but as person aswell.
Back to top Go down
Volvi
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: dd   [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application EmptySun 05 Apr 2009, 21:51

very good player..i played with him with my pally when he was still feral....he didnt got much gear yet(early lvl 80s) but still very skilled and great behaviour...it would be great addition..gl
Back to top Go down
lungorthin
High Warlord
High Warlord
lungorthin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application   [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application EmptyMon 06 Apr 2009, 11:04

accepted on trial.whisper lungorthin ,chinga,kotik or hundeuz ingame for an invite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application   [Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Léquar - Restoration/Feral Tank Druid Application
Page 1 of 1