Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorgore

[Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptySun 03 May 2009, 22:11

Personal Information
Your real name: Thorbjørn Wilsleff
Age and Country: 24 and from Denmark.
Tell us about yourself: My name is Thorbjørn, I come from Elsinore (Helsingør), about 40 kilometers north of Copenhagen. I work for the Danish Defense, as a Private First Class (Overkonstabel), and been stationed to Kosovo once. I work in 24-hour shifts, which gives me alot of freedom, for gaming and whatever. I live with my boyfriend and our two dogs (a pug and a french bulldog) in our apartment, near downtown Elsinore. Did you know that Shakespears Hamlet is taking place in Kronborg Castle, which is in Elsinore? The more you know. I'm a humoristic guy, maybe a bit more on the dark and morbid side, and I'm always up for a good laugh.
Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs: I've been playing since I got my first Amiga 800, from Sim City to Fallout 3. I've been on the Danish National Team in Half-Life: Day of Defeat. I started out with WoW in the dark Open Beta days, making a Troll Shaman, and by the end of TBC I had 7 level 70's (every class except aPaladin and a Warlock). Nowadays I can only showoff with my Death Knight, Shadow Priest and Restoration Shaman which all are level 80.
Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Answer in Yes or No Yes

Character Information
Character Name: Thorgore
Class & Race: Orc Shaman
Professions: (State your skill and rare recipies also) 440 Dragonscale Leatherworking and 450 Skinning
Raid spec: 0/16/55
Armory Profile:

Information about your Keybindings: (We need to know what sort of keybindings you use for your spells/abilities.)To be honest, I don't use any keybindings and I'm only using the necessary add-ons, like DBM. I want to keep the game as clean and pure as I can. I rely on my fast fingers and my common sense.
Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone which you can use if needed?: (Yes / No) Yes, got Ventrilo, a working microphone and a beautiful voice.
Previous PvE Experience: (BWL/AQ40/Naxx(60)/Hyjal/BT/Naxx(80)/Sartharion/Malygos) Everything, except Ulduar. MC, ZG, BWL, AQ20/40, Naxx, KZ, SSC, TE, MH, BT, SWP, Naxx10/25, VoA10/25, OS+2D10/25, EoE10/25.
Hodir rep level : Exalted
First aid level : 400
Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? (High rating players is a huge plus) I've never liked PVP, as I'm more of a PVE person. Been in a 3v3 and a 5v5, failing hard.
Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?: Nope, I don't.

What do you expect from Results May Vary? A mature, friendly and good guild, able to show me Ulduar and upcoming raid dungeons. You will get a mature, serious and dedicated player, which also likes to fool around outside the raids. I'm always prepared for raids with Flasks, Food Buffs (might even throw up a Fish Feast or two, to celebrate) and I've always seen/read the upcoming bossfights.
Do you like playing your class? Answer, also why? Yes, Restoration Shaman and Shadow Priest are the two most enjoyable classes to play, in my opinion.
Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need? Yes, although I don't like playing Enhancement. I've been raiding as Elemental in TBC, with great succes.
How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid? I can raid almost every day, and I'm also available in the daytime, due to the great freedom I have regarding my work.
Any additional information you need to tell us? No, I think I've told you everything worth to know Smile You're free to whisper me in-game for additional information.

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface):
Back to top Go down
Thorgore

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptySun 03 May 2009, 22:14

Seems to be some problems with the links, so here they are;

My character:

My UI:
Back to top Go down
Chinga
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Chinga

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptySun 03 May 2009, 22:20

Back to top Go down
Carth
Admin
Admin
Carth

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 00:24

Hello!
Judging by your gear only, i get the impression that this character has been mostly geared through PUGs. I see you have killed KT 25man twice and never killed malygos25 with this shaman. Your valorous pieces are obtained through VoA25 aswell. Of course low gear can easily be fixed. Some things i'd like to point out are:
- Although you have exalted reputation with Sons of Hodir, you are still using the honored enchant on the shoulders
- You have a valorous chest and yet you enchant it with 250mana and not with 10stats.
- On the prismatic socket on your waist, it's better if you use Intellect or spellpower gems and not blue/purple gems, depending what you think you need more.
- About your spec, Totemic Focus is more a pvp talent, in raids nowadays you usally cast 2-3 totems every 5minutes on boss fights. Healing Grace is also not a useful skill to choose, you will never have aggro issues. I would strongly suggest you remove those talents and use Tidal Mastery and Ancestral Awakening.

What worries me is that although the resto spec is pretty straight forward, especialy after the last patch, your skill selection isn't reflecting a big knowledge of the class. But if there are any reasons why you chose those skill i'd be interested to know them.

My opinion is that you will have major mana issues in Ulduar early on already. Also looking at the enchanting choices i mentioned above i assume you are a bit tight on gold atm. You should be prepared for ~200g repair bills during Ulduar progress nights + 100g more or less for the flasks. I don't mean to scare you off, but this is the situation atm.

I am not calling the shots, i suppose officers will reply to the application aswell.
Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Thorgore

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 08:16

Hello Carth,
yes, I've been playing some PUGs in WotlK, mostly, as CF disbanded a few weeks after I joined their ranks and was a newcomer from Agamaggan, where I didn't raid at all. You must understand, that eventhough I haven't killed Malygos25 with this shaman, I've killed him with my priest, and been to P3 with my Shaman. What is so damn good about me, is that I really know how to play my class. You see alot of retards running around in full epic, and I can assure you, I'm not one of them!

- About the SoH, that's just pure lazyness. I haven't played my Shaman for a while, since CF disbanded, but now I'm back and ready to raid.
- I just took the 250 mana enchant, due to not needing neither strength, agility or spirit.
- As you say later on, mana regenerating is important. I do like mp5 as it helps me with regenerating mana during longer fights.
- Well, I can see that about Totemic Focus, but as it is now, I'm still keeping my Healing Grace when I do these PUGs. But I'm ofcourse willing to respecc if I get a competent guild.

I'm always willing to learn more, I must be honest and say that always follows my intuition in these cases, rather than go for some specc, some fancysmancy Schroet Kommando Shaman made. That's why I don't like celebritys nor religion that tells you what to do. The game is for me to play, and for me to choose my own path, but contructive criticism is always welcome, IF I can see the logical sense in it.

And for your information, money is never a problem. As I said, I just haven't played my Shaman for a while. Still got about 6k, and even more when I begin doing dailys again.

Thanks for your feedback, hoping to hear more soon.
-Thorbjørn
Back to top Go down
Carth
Admin
Admin
Carth

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 09:01

Thanks for the answers.

Mp5 is not needed by shamans any more. You need this only in conjuction with Chain Heal spamming and insanly high amounts of haste, which are only obtainable from high end Ulduar gear (including 4pieces of tier8.5). [Yes i know dagoth has done it with 3.0 gear, but he is in a guild that downs the bosses much faster than we do, so less chances he will go oom, i am talking here for a ballanced insanly high haste/mp5 gear] A popular mistake is that shamans are great AoE healers as they used to be in TBC. Unfortunately blizzard pushed us to be more of a Tank healer with all the new spells and glyphs. Chain heal will never land before a priest spamming CoH or a Druid spamming Wild Growth has healed the group.

Note that your mana regeneration will come through Intellect and crits. Don't gem for mp5.

10 Stats on chest give you: 100 Hp, 10 Intellect = 150 mana, 6mp5, 2.2 SP if i remember correctly (cba looking it up) so that makes it in every way better than 250mana or 8mp5 enchant.

I personaly think the boots enchant choise shouldn't be the greater vitality but the 8% running speed+15 STA. And that for all healers. Mobility = Survivability > 8mp5 and there is alot of running around in Ulduar. Remember the hardest fights are usualy the ones you have to move alot.

There is no reason to keep -15% threat reduction and not get the 5% critical. As i wrote above your mana regeneration is coming through critical and not through mp5 anymore. Even if you spamm with LHW the tank before the boss engages you will still not have aggro issues.

It's not about a "fancysmancy Schroet Kommando Shaman" who came up with a build and all shamans follow that, there are many simple variations you can make, depending on fight and playstyle. But there is a reasoning behind each of those, i personaly cannot see the reasoning for your choosing those talents.

Quote :
That's why I don't like celebritys nor religion that tells you what to do.
For me it's the military, the priests and the police who are the worst enemy of a state and in that order ;p
Back to top Go down
Thorgore

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 09:22

See, now you just changed my world again. You learn something new every day.
You gave me some logical feedback, and I thank you for that.

I've also thought about the Tuskarr's Vitality for my boots, because as you say, it saves you, even that little bit of increased movement speed.

But again, thanks for the explaination. Opened my eyes a bit more.

-Thorbjørn
Back to top Go down
Chinga
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Chinga

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 01:37

Nice application and thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately your gear is not up to the standards we need and a shaman healer is not exactly what we are looking for.
Declined and good luck finding a guild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration   [Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration Empty

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Thorgore - Shaman, Restoration
Page 1 of 1