Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Accepted] Mage - Pärsson

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pärsson
Grunt
Grunt

[Accepted] Mage - Pärsson Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 19:16

Personal Information
Your real name: Ezra
Age and Country: 21 and Sweden, respectively.
Tell us about yourself: I am a human.

What else.. I'm not good at those things!

Living in a swedish forest, listening/making music and playing WoW.
I love smokey whiskey and also have a deep fascination for cats.
Unemployed at the moment and still curious about how my life will turn out.
As a person I would say I'm humble, hard working and perhaps a bit introvert.
I usually act in a friendly way and I enjoy the non-mainstream and esoteric parts of life, ie.
weird literature and spooky music.

Info about your computer and internet connection:
24/1 ADSL working suprisingly well.
Computer is getting old, sounds absolutely horrible but is still good enough for WoW.

How stable is your internet connection?: I'd give it a 9 out of 10. Disconnects happen but not often.
How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat? It gets a bit slow at times but nothing that negatively impact my performance. Maybe 15-20 fps at peak encounters.

Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"?
Yes, and I'm happy about them!: )

Character Information
Character Name: Pärsson
Class & Race: Undead Mage
Professions (including Cooking & Fishing):
- JC at 440. Got most of the Scarlet Ruby recipes and most of the heroic dungeon drops.
- Enchanting at 410. Mostly got it for the ring enchants. Among my recipes are many old TBC-ones but nothing special from wotlk.
- Cooking at 290
- Fishing at 113 I think.

Haven't bothered raising those two skills because I find it so boring.
Fishing, I mean... Pressing a button, waiting, pressing a button. Rinse and repeat.
(Hm... When I think about it this COULD describe the entire World of Warcraft Experience...: )
Has to be the thing with collecting FISH that I don't like... Nevermind.
Main spec: Deep fire with Torment the Weak, 19/53/0. AKA. the maximum dps build for single targets.
Off Spec: Not really applicable.
Armory Profile:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=P%C3%A4rsson

Gear is mostly naxx 25/ulduar 10.
Information about your Keybindings:
Oh... Here we go:
1-8 : FB, Fire blast, Frost nova, Scorch, Pyroblast, Flamestrike rank 8, Flamestrike rank 9, Blizzard
Shift - 1: Cooldowns/Trinket/Consumables/Mana sapphire
Shift - 2: Living Bomb
R: Blink
T: Counterspell
G: Ice Block
Shift - Q: Sheep/Spell Steal/Whatever-needed-depending-on-fight

Got Decursive for decursing and I also use the magnificent addon called Opie, making Alt - Q to Alt - T open nice rings with buffs/portals/table etc.

Hm.. That should cover the important parts.

Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone which you can use if needed?: I have Ventrilo installed and the knowledge to use it, although no microphone at the moment. Will get one if needed.

Previous PvE Experience:
Classic: Nothing
TBC: I started playing quite late during TBC, when BT was new if I remember everything correctly.
Started playing in a small guild called Armageddon, which I first cleared Karazhan with.
Armageddon sincerely sucked though so I joined the short lived, yet successful, Addictive.
With those guys I did SSC except for Vashj, TK except for Kael, Full MH and up to Mother in BT. (This was after the attunements was lifted).
All was well and I enjoyed the raiding!
Though.. eventually I felt more addicted then joyful so I took a break for a couple months.
As you all know WoW is hard to stay away from so I started playing again pretty soon.
Joined iO and killed the remaining bosses in BT.
After Illidan I moved to Ireland for half a year and spent my time on cozy pubs instead of in Azeroth.

WotLK: When I got back from Ireland I soon started feeling a sensation of boredom.
Solution was, of course, a trial of WotLK. After getting annoyed as hell from the level 71-1 cap I bought the whole game out of pure irritation and started playing again.

Since then I've done Naxx 25/EoE 25/OS 25 and 9 bosses in 10-man Ulduar, Freya and Hodir included among the Watchers.
Got to phase 4 on Mimiron as well.
On 25-man Ulduar I've only done Flame Leviathan and got some tries on Razorscale/Ignis.

Hodir rep level : Exalted
First aid level : 438
Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? None what-so-ever except for being slaughtered by Alliance retards.. Don't like PvP.

Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?:
Uhm.. Not at the moment. I do however enjoy doing and learning new things so I'd be glad to try: )

What do you expect from Results May Vary? I expect a solid raiding guild where people prepare for raids and stay alert during them. This is the reason why I am applying in the first place; you seem to care about progress and despise slacking while doing it.
For some reason most of the TN guilds are Either hardcore, time consuming great-guilds or casual lazy-guilds, and I hope that you fit in there between.
From me you will get a dedicated player always showing up with the appropriate reagents/consumables while maintaining a sense of humor and friendliness.
Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need? Of course. On some encounters certain skills can be important.
We raid Thursday, Sunday and Monday 19:00-23:30. Does the times suit you? Yes they do!
I nurse no intents at all of spending 5/6 days a week playing WoW so your raid times suit me fine.
Some weeks I might miss a raid but usually I should be there.
How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid? I will probably attend most of the raids. Got a girlfriend and other stuff IRL which I don't plan to neglect entirely but I also like playing wow.. : )
Any additional information you need to tell us?
Without boasting I would call myself a good player, simply because I always try to max my own performance and understand the mechanics of the game.
I use RAWR and Elitist Jerks forums for my own dps and I'm constantly trying to improve my general WoW-raid knowledge.

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img19/8964/prs.jpg

(On the edge of ninja:ing a Surge Needle Ring after a crappy EoE-PuG; )
Jokes aside, I use MyThreat instead of Omen for saving resources and also an action bar addon which I forgot the name of.

That should do it.
Please ask me for further information!

/regards,
Ezra
Back to top Go down
Feeks
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Feeks

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 21:18

Nice appliaction, good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Kara
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Kara

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 21:24

Just curious why did you leave iO?

I love the fact that you are curious about how your life will turn out.
Back to top Go down
pärsson
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 21:29

Hey both of you! And thanks for the encouraging post: )

I left them because I moved to Dublin.
Had lots of other stuff do take care of then raiding after that, and I didn't even have an internet connection for 3 or 4 months...

Haha, and about my life: I believe in mystery.

Wouldn't you hate knowing how you would turn out, really?
Back to top Go down
pärsson
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 21:37

Realized I forgot to mention my latest guild.
Joined one called Slash Die when I first started on Naxx.
Turned out to hold quite some lazy players so me and a few others merged with yet another small guild and formed Legendary Incompetence.
I'm still in this guild but it's not working very good.. People keep not turning up for raids etc.
I do feel a bit uncomfortable leaving them but hey, the game should be played the way you want it.

As for DPS:
I don't have any recent WWS to link but I did about 5.5k dps on PW yesterday in naxx 10 with a boomkin/affliction lock/pally healer/ele shaman setup.
Went for undying and a PuG died on Sapphiron...
Back to top Go down
Kotik
Warlord
Warlord
Kotik

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 22:03

Not a bad application. On the contrary it was quite an interesting read. I however do have a question... where I do agree this game is suppose to be played in a way you enjoy it and you have been moving and quitting the guilds more than a few times. So my question is do you plan to quit the game in the foreseeable future? Or move for that matter?

I will however come back with an answer after I have discussed the application with the rest of the officers. So hold your horses and stay tuned Smile
Back to top Go down
pärsson
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyMon 22 Jun 2009, 22:16

Hey, thanks for reading and a swift reply: )
I don't agree on me "guildhopping", I actually don't like doing that except perhaps when I feel that I put more energy into it then I get back, or how you should put it.. Been trying a Lot to get this latest guild going but people don't even seem to care enough to join the Forums..

No plans of quitting WoW/moving as for now. I feel that I've got control over my play time and that I DO enjoy the game.. Then there's also the thing with the new mounts. : )

Feel free to keep the questions coming!

/
ezra
Back to top Go down
Kotik
Warlord
Warlord
Kotik

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 18:35

Accepted on trial. Contact one of the officers in game. May the force be with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson   [Accepted] Mage - Pärsson Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Mage - Pärsson
Page 1 of 1