Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oldschool mage is looking for guild!

Go down 
+2
Tekla
Voltus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Expliqui

Oldschool mage is looking for guild! Empty
PostSubject: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 17:43

Personal Information

Your real name:
Chris

Age and Country:
24 years old and from Denmark (Scandinavia)

Tell us about yourself:
I'm living together with my girlfriend in a city called Aalborg. I am studying there as well as a technical-graphic designer, and did some work for several companies in Denmark already. In my spare time I am playing a lot of golf (summer time), and I have represented Denmark 6 times with the National Team to Euro and Worldcups! Best personal result is tied 8th to the European Championship, and 30th at a European Tour tournament in Germany.
Whatever I do, I take it very serious, and I do not quit before I did it right.

Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs:
In May 2005, a friend of mine introduced me to World of Warcraft. I started this mage and began to level it. When I reached level 60, I first joined a Molten Core farming guild called Anxious Hearts. I had no job or school, so I played 24/7 (sweet memories - I simply miss Vanilla WoW).
Later on I wanted more experience and harder encounters, so I joined Heartless (Hey Xairox and Opi aka. Feesk) Smile - and later on we merged with a guild and was named Remedy.

Then TBC was released and Remedy was made to Conspiracy. I left shortly after that because I wanted to play casual with some friends instead.
We soon began to raid again, and I created a guild called Salvation together with some friends, but we couldn't get enough players for Gruul's Lair etc. so we merged with another guild, and I became an officer in Lotto.
When we cleared SSC etc. WoW began to be boring to me, so I took a break for some months. I logged in again and began to PvP on my rogue. Got to around 2250+ rating in season 2 and 3 in 3v3 playing RMP. Then I took a break again, and I don't have any raid experience since SSC/TK and some bosses in BT.

I had a break again, but when WOTLK was released I move my char to Champer of Aspect and raided Naxx 25/OS/EOE etc. there with a guild called Kakugo.

After we cleared those encounters, I stayed casual gamer untill this day today, where I got the hunger back again to kill some PvE bosses.

I know my raid experience and maybe my gear is against me, and I don't have any problems at all with you declining this application, but I had to try to get an answer Smile

Info about your computer and internet connection:
My computer is a DUAL2CORE Intel Processor with 4GB Memory and 512MB GFX-CARD. I maximize fps in WoW, which isn't that hard anyway.
Internet connection is 50 mbit down and 2 mbit up.

How stable is your internet connection?:
My connection is rock-solid. I never experience lagg, or disconnects, unless the servers are laggy. Unfortunately they use to lagg a lot *gg*

How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat?
Around 50-70 depending on the fight.

Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Answer in Yes or No
Yes I read it all.

Character Information

Character Name:
Expliqui (don't ask me why I named it that)

Class & Race:
Undead Male Mage

Professions (including Cooking & Fishing): (State your skill and rare recipies also)
Enchanting (410) and Tailoring (430)
I skilled to 400 in both professions, which was my goal.
I don't have a very high skill in cooking and fishing, because I'm doing that on my rogue.

Main spec:
Fire (18/53/0)

Off Spec:
Arcane (57/3/11) or PvP Frost (20/0/51)

Armory Profile:

Information about your Keybindings: (We need to know what sort of keybindings you use for your spells/abiltiies.)
SHIFT + 1 = Poly
SHIFT + 2 = Counterspell
SHIFT + 3 = Blink
SHIFT + 4 = WotF
F = Blizzard
SHIFT + E = Mirror Image
SHIFT + Q = Spellsteal
SHIFT + F = Living Bomb
Q = Ice Lance
E = Ice Block
V = First Aid
SHIFT + V = Combustion

Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone which you can use if needed?: (Yes / No)
Yes and I am able to speak. Don't think you will kill me for a bad accent Wink

Previous PvE Experience:
Classic:
MC = Cleared
BWL = Cleared
AQ 40/20 both Cleared
ZG = Cleared
Naxxramas = Up to Sapphiron, and killed KT with my rogue
Azuregos, Ysondra, Emeriss, Taerar, Lethon = All cleared

TBC:
Kara = Cleared
SSC = Cleared
TK = Cleared
Gruul = Cleared
Magtheridon = Cleared

WotLK:
Hodir rep level :
Been slacking here, so I'm just honored. Dinged 80 on this mage for two weeks ago or something.

First aid level :

Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? (High rating players is a huge plus)
As I said earlier I played at 2250+ rating in season 2 and 3.

Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?:
Well I got the skills for everything. 3D graphics, HTML, PHP, ASP, artwork and you name it, but I don't have the time to make such things in my spare time because of my work/shool projects.

What do you expect from Results May Vary?
I expect a lot of fun and some raid experience. Furthermore I expect fair raid leading and to meet some new ingame friends.

Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need?
Yes ofc.

We raid Thursday, Sunday and Monday 19:00-23:30. Does the times suit you?
Sunday can be a problem due my work, but it's about one or two Sundays each month I'll be working, so now you know.

How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid?
Read above.

Who controls your game time? (Wife/Girlfriend etc)
I do 100 %

Any additional information you need to tell us?
I see myself as a fast learning player, but everyone can fuck up, and so can I. I do take constructive criticism, and I want to learn, so no problem at all there.

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface): Smile Smile

[URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot092709233037.jpg/]Oldschool mage is looking for guild! Wowscrnshot092709233037.th

Please be aware of this screenshot is taken from my laptop, so therefore seems the screen very small. I'm normally playing on a 22 inch widescreen monitor, so there is a lot of room to miscellaneous addons and frames. But my setup is the same.
Back to top Go down
Expliqui

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 17:45

Links fucking up.

Can't get Armory link to work for some reason, and screenshot of my Interface is:

Oldschool mage is looking for guild! Wowscrnshot092709233037.th
Back to top Go down
Expliqui

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 17:57

Sorry for spamming, but I forgot a minor important thing.

I know a lot of the players in your guild from Vanilla WoW

Ciel
Opi aka. Feesk/Snoes
Xristodoulos
Rossi
Ktulu
Xairox

Sorry if I forgot someone Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Voltus
High Warlord
High Warlord
Voltus

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 18:34

Back to top Go down
Expliqui

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 21:25

Thanks!

How did you do that?

I wrote my name in the link in your application template, but it didn't show up...
Back to top Go down
Tekla
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Tekla

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 21:34

simple.... register and you also can post links ^^
Back to top Go down
Expliqui

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyTue 29 Sep 2009, 21:36

Ohh, sorry didn't knew that.

I'll do that if more links are needed Wink thansk mate..
Back to top Go down
Epaafk
Grunt
Grunt
Epaafk

PostSubject: a   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 04:57

Epaffs <- Smile Long time no see!

He was pro in pre-tbc atleast ^^ Havnt played with him since, but i know he's taking wow seriously.

GL
Back to top Go down
Expliqui

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 05:04

Fuck is that really you? Man, long time no see indeed!

I saw you name around in Orgrimmar, and thought maybe it was you, but then again...

Nice to see you mate, and thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Kotik
Warlord
Warlord
Kotik

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 05:27

Experience wise you are fine, anyone who has played seriously in vanilla days with the hardcore farming of pots like there is no tomorrow has probably experienced more of PvE than people doing Hard modes now Smile

Your gear on the other hand isn't very flashy. I can see a couple of heroic loot items on you which is slightly disappointing but with totc 10 around for all the welfare loot it should not be any issues with gear as long as you show up for some of our main or alt runs.

A final answer will have to wait however. I will have to discuss with the rest of the officers and get their opinion on the matter instead of making decision on my own Smile
Back to top Go down
Expliqui
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 06:58

Kotik wrote:
Experience wise you are fine, anyone who has played seriously in vanilla days with the hardcore farming of pots like there is no tomorrow has probably experienced more of PvE than people doing Hard modes now Smile

Haha yeah don't tell me about it. Remembering running around 5AM farming Elementals for Frost/Fire protection pots and farming SM for the f*cking expensive Grave Moss for Shadow Prot pots to Loatheb in Naxx.. Those were the days Very Happy
Actually I'm still day dreaming about those times. You were really on a task to be prepared for raids, and you really had to work for your loot. It's was imba days!!

Kotik wrote:

Your gear on the other hand isn't very flashy. I can see a couple of heroic loot items on you which is slightly disappointing but with totc 10 around for all the welfare loot it should not be any issues with gear as long as you show up for some of our main or alt runs.

Well I know I still have some heroic loot, but it's pretty hard to get some Ulduar gear with PUG's. "Link Achivement bla bla" killed my Ilevel 219/226 dreams (I think you are referring to my wand?) Crying or Very sad .. But I will soon have enough emblems to get the Ilevel 245 one, Brimstone Igniter I think it's called. Furthermore I got mats in my bank to create Merlin's Robe and Bejeweled Bracer, so I can do some gear improvements already.

Kotik wrote:

A final answer will have to wait however. I will have to discuss with the rest of the officers and get their opinion on the matter instead of making decision on my own Smile

Sure thing.. Take your time.. I'm not in a rush.. I can't get better gear improvements now outside raid encounters, so I'll just sit and wait in Dalaran Very Happy

Thanks for your time.. I'm looking forward to hear your decision
Back to top Go down
Voltus
High Warlord
High Warlord
Voltus

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 10:20

Expliqui wrote:
Thanks!

How did you do that?

I wrote my name in the link in your application template, but it didn't show up...

I'm Mage! Razz

---

Well, seems good. I think he has my vouch.
Back to top Go down
lungorthin
High Warlord
High Warlord
lungorthin

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 20:45

accepted on trial
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool mage is looking for guild!   Oldschool mage is looking for guild! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oldschool mage is looking for guild!
Page 1 of 1