Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Accepted] Mage application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Örrimörr

[Accepted] Mage application Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Mage application   [Accepted] Mage application EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 00:32

Personal information
Your real name: Juri
Age and Country: 19, Finland
Tell us about yourself: I'm finishing my last year in senior high school in evening courses (It does not intervene with raid times, though) and "working" the days.
Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs: I've been playing WoW since the US closed beta. Moved to EU closed and EU open after that. Pre-ordered the game 3 months advance. Started to play as a rogue, got some feeling to MC with it but got bored and rerolled to Priest which became my main for Pre-TBC and later BC. Raided MC and wiped on Razorgore in the guild 'Anxious Hearts' before moving to the finnish guild Grim Sight Clan alongside with the finnish members of Anxious Hearts. Raided MC and BWL here of course, and took server first kills off of Skeram, Sartura, Fankriss and the three optional bugs. We got stuck at Huhuran for 2 weeks but got it down finally, but this was server second :< Then we wiped on Twin Emperors for a while before the guild kind of broke down, and merged to Beyond Redemption along with 2 other top horde guilds. I quit WoW here. 1½ years later, I start BC again, as casual of course. Raided Karazhan and tried the arenas for a month or two. Didn't really reach far though, 1650 was the best rating iirc. I quit WoW again. 1½ years later (I guess), we start WoW again with Diccolopick shortly before the release of WOTLK. We PuG raid some of the BC content as it has been made easier and buy wotlk on day one. Hour one, to be precise :-) Quickly level to 80, do all the heroics, and then move to our original goal of doing arena. We quickly realized, that WOTLK arenas are more match-up based than skill-based, so we never reached high with this combo. 1600 was the highest. So we pugged naxx, sartha, voa and other wotlk raid instances and then quit wow for 1 month, raging at the pvp inbalances :> Felt really content with the latest patch, so started WoW again, and have been raiding with Cielago since then and I'm starting to turn into a hardcore PvE maniac again. This was a short biography.
Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Yes. I'm turning 20 soon, not afraid to talk on vent, am with peace with my parents and hey, I raided pre-tbc, farming is the second nature for me :-)

Character Information:
Character Name: Örrimörri
Class & Race: Troll Mage
Professions: Mining 450 / Engineering 450
Raid spec: I'm open for anything, I will spec as you ask me to.
Armory Profile: http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=%C3%96rrim%C3%B6rri — weapons are Turning Tide and Surplus Limb, if they don't show up.

Information about your Keybindings: I need to write them here? Please see UI.
Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone which you can use if needed?: Yes
Previous PvE Experience: (BWL/AQ40/Naxx(60)/Hyjal/BT/Naxx(80)/Sartharion/Malygos)
Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? (From armory): Highest 2 man team rating: 1723, Highest 3 man team rating: 1617. I've been the slave of match-ups: the 2v2 arena I did with a random I don't even know.. In fact, we got so frustrated that Diccolopick rerolled a rogue which is currently 80 and being geared just so our synergy would work better :< 3v3 is me, diccolo(hunter) and kuvajokeri(priest) too.
What do you expect from Results May Vary? I expect a friendly guild atmosphere, with no nazi officers =D and no lootwhoring. Basically, I raid to experience content and loot has already been just a bonus to me. Since a lot of my old acquiantances from Cielago's "invitational PuGs" are joining too, it seems very much like a guild I would like to experience Ulduar with.
Do you like playing your class? No, playing DPS is too easy!! I used to play a priest and now I just hate how you can hardly affect the outcome of the fight at all Smile Well, truthfully, I like playing a mage a lot :> I've always felt it was my true calling ever since I made a mage alt. Oh, and I'm a pvp-junkie, and frost mage pvp is the best.
How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid? I might skip a few raids here and then, since everything is on farm status. My raid attendance was around 70-75% in my pre-tbc guild before AQ40, when MC and BWL were in farm status. But I plan to raid on every possible day when Ulduar airs, count on it. Your raid schedule seemed really fine, they dont intervene with anything at all for me, so I can raid on all days unless something special comes up.
Any additional information you need to tell us? Please forgive me for being badly geared! When we started WoW again with diccolopick, we were expecting to just focus on the PvP part of the game — and to be casuals. But once we started doing Cielago's raids, and a bit before that too tbh, I've been drooling for Ulduar and I started to collect some PvE loot — but my luck with rolls is just awful! Cielago can confirm this :> Well, I'm not really "badly geared", just misgeared. That is, I have low sp (around 1820) and low crit (350 rating) but 700 haste rating in my PvE gear and I don't have the gear to respec into FFB or arcane that I would rather raid with. I do have my old HC full epix FFB spec gear though, but that won't do. I plan to fix this before Ulduar for sure. I've been working on it for almost a month now.

UI: http://g.imagehost.org/view/0616/Wow_2009-03-06_22-22-49-73
Back to top Go down
Patulous
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Patulous

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage application   [Accepted] Mage application EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 01:05

Nice guy been with him a couple of times.knows his class knows about anything.vouch afro
Back to top Go down
Carth
Admin
Admin
Carth

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage application   [Accepted] Mage application EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 01:15

Fish Caught: 10.606
Respect! Are you fishing with (engineering) dynamites ? :p geek
Applications like this are a joy to read.
Back to top Go down
Kara
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Kara

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage application   [Accepted] Mage application EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 10:39

What was the name of your character while raiding in Anxious Hearts and GSC?
Back to top Go down
Örrimörr

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage application   [Accepted] Mage application EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 11:05

Quote :
What was the name of your character while raiding in Anxious Hearts and GSC?

Zetsumei
Back to top Go down
Kotik
Warlord
Warlord
Kotik

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage application   [Accepted] Mage application EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 13:58

Accepted as trial. Whisper one of the officers when you are on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Mage application   [Accepted] Mage application Empty

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Mage application
Page 1 of 1