Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin

Go down 
+2
Zulma
Kev
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev
Grunt
Grunt

Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin Empty
PostSubject: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 03:02

Personal Information
Your real name: Kevin Gibson
Age and Country: 28 United Kingdom
Tell us about yourself: I am a hard working, hard playing individual with an eye for perfection. I am not happy unless I do anything to the best of my ability weather that be my job or a game.
Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMO's:

My first dip into the wide world of the MMO was in Dark Age of Camelot where I played with a set group of 8 players for more then 6 years. We played on every combination of race with every class / comp for 8v8 and zerg farming imaginable. The group was extremely successful earning quite a name for ourselves on the Dyvet (English) and the German "Super-cluster". I also have 3 EvE Online accounts that have been open for when I feel the need to part people of their hard earned with a internet spaceship "pewpew"

My WoW days started a week after the release of Black Temple when a friend of mine from DAoC asked if I wanted to level a char with him. I said yes and started on my warrior - Thekev - levelled from 11 as Prot and loved every moment of it. As we hit 70 we formed a 10 man guild called Fury Unleashed and got the rest of my DAoC friends to roll with us. We cleared all 10 man content up untill the release of Warhammer Online when the majority of the players left for that game. On a short note - it was shit so i came back a month after and started to level my warrior in WotLK.

As I hit 80 I joined the guild Fully Loaded and proceeded to main tank Naxxramus immortal attempts and lead one of the guilds 10 man squads. My 10 man was the first in the guild to complete the Undying and collect our drakes. As Ulduar hit I was promoted to the status of Raid Leader in the guild and was responsible for leading the guild through all successful "First Kills" of the hard-modes inside (FL+4, XT-002, Hodir, Thorim, General Vezax). I also lead the way through all first kills of the normal and hard-mode encounters in ToTGC (NB, Lord Jaraxus, Faction Champs) As we progressed on towards killing the Twins my position in the guild became untenable when an internal argument with a fellow raid leader caused a rift forcing me to make the hard decision to leave the guild.

Info about your computer and internet connection: Intel core I7 16gb of ram, ATI Radeon 5870 1024 Graphics.
How stable is your internet connection?: 50 meg Virgin Cable (Extremely)
How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat? 100+
Whats your ping (latency) in dalaran? 128 (lowest it can be from my location in the UK)
Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Yes

Character Information
Character Name: Scaramunaa, Thekev
Class & Race: Paladin Female Blood Elf
Professions (including Cooking & Fishing): (State your skill and rare recipies also)
Jewelcrafting - 432/450 (My warrior is maxed with all jam recipes)
Enchanting - 450/450 (only those relating to spec purchased)
Main spec: Retribution (0/17/54)
Off Spec: None at this time (I Use my warrior Thekev for tanking when it is called for)
Armory Profile:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Scaramungaa
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Thekev

Information about your Keybindings: I have all of my important abilities bound around my keyboard / mouse so I can play effectively while moving.
Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone which you can use if needed?: Yes
Previous PvE Experience:
Classic: N/A
TBC:
Karazhan,
Zul Aman (Bear run),
Magtheridon's Lair,
Gruul's Lair
WotLK:
Naxxramus (10/25 man),
OS 3D 10/25 man,
Malygos Timed Run (10/25 man),
Ulduar 10 - All Hard-Modes to Algalon
Ulduar 25 - FL+4, XT-002, Hodir, Thorim, ICouncil Med Mode, Freya +1, Yogg -1 ToTGC 10 - (A Tribute to Skill)
ToTGC 25 - NB, Lord Jaraxus, Faction Champs)
ICC 10 - Second wing to Putricide down
ICC 25 - First Wing to Saurfang down
Hodir rep level : Exaulted
First aid level : 442/450
Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? Only a passing interest in the 2v2 bracket with a Disc priest (1700 rating)
Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?: I can stick a spoon to the end of my nose

What do you expect from Results May Vary? A fun, friendly yet hardcore environment to enjoy the latest content.
Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need? I am pretty dire at healing and I have my Warrior to tank. If it was for a 10 man I would gear for healing. As it stands my Paladin is not dual spec enabled.
We raid Thursday and Monday 19:00-23:00. Does the times suit you? Yep.
How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid? I play every day (frost badges need to be earned)
Who controls your game time? (Wife/Girlfriend etc) She does what I say honest..
Any additional information you need to tell us? I am quite easy to get along with and a very dedicate player to my class / the team I play with. I can also provide in game references for my achievements stated above.

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface):
Scaramunga - https://2img.net/h/i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz349/thekev/WoWScrnShot_020410_025317.jpg
Thekev - https://2img.net/h/i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz349/thekev/WoWScrnShot_071309_190904.jpg
Unfortunately my Warrior's UI is outdated.
Back to top Go down
Zulma
Grunt
Grunt
Zulma

PostSubject: Re: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 05:28

i ve been in FL with my priest (before i switched to alliance) when thekev was Main tank there, this is the type of person/player we need. Not that i have alot to say in here but a vouch from me Smile
Back to top Go down
Naveine
Blood Guard
Blood Guard
Naveine

PostSubject: Re: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 09:41

I've played with Thekev as well for my short period that i was in Fully Loaded. One of the greatest players that i had ever had the chance to play with Smile. I definetely agree with Zulma and he gets my vouch.

Good luck with your application Very Happy
Back to top Go down
onewinged
Warlord
Warlord
onewinged

PostSubject: Re: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 11:40

Not to bitch and moan, but we kinda do have 3 quite active Retribution paladins already Smile
And not having an OS is kinda fail... Nobody is going to take your alt to tank when the need arises on specific bosses.

And your duals gems are more than trash... ghem... "Does not get my vote. sorry"

Good luck with application.

Last edited by onewinged on Thu 04 Feb 2010, 14:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kev
Grunt
Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 12:39

Cheers for kind words Smile

I do know that my offpiece gems are abit faff but they fit for the type of gear i was wearing at the time. Due to general pugging they are "good enough" but if in a guild i would swap my meta for 21 agil 3% crit with 1 nightmare tear and crit / str gem to meet the meta requirements then fill the rest with haste / str epics. My "alt" tank is better geared then most people's mains even in this tier of content.
Back to top Go down
Hundeuz
Centurion
Centurion
Hundeuz

PostSubject: Re: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 14:30

Just for the people that applying and the people in RMV to know the recruitment in this guild is not a democratic voting its a decision of guild master/officer.Make comments dont vote...
Back to top Go down
Dagur
Grunt
Grunt
Dagur

PostSubject: Re: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin EmptyThu 04 Feb 2010, 15:21

I have tanked alonside Thekev while i was in Fully Loaded. He is a gifted raid leader, a good player, has a nice workaround on tacticts and a good tank. As Onewinged kindly mentioned :-P his pala gear might not be that awesome, but he has some skills to cover for it and his warrior is way better geared.
It was so much fun having him on vent barking instrucions and tactics. If he joins i believe he will bring a positive spirit and a solid attitude towards the goals of the guild.

I believe that the only issue that might arise is the fact that we already have 3 rets, 2 healadins and 2 warrior tanks. And everyone is active. If we find a way to bypass this barrier (looking forward to the future of 10 man hc modes and having 4 solid tanks) i consider that Kevin is going to be a good addition to the guild and will deliver what he promises.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin   Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin Empty

Back to top Go down

Scaramungaa, Retribution Paladin
Page 1 of 1