Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results May Vary @ EU, Twisting Nether

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Terryy

[Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm   [Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 12:42

Personal Information
Your real name:
Marius Kvitle Ressem

Age and Country:
20, Norway

Tell us about yourself:
Male.
Currently looking for any sort of job after summer.
Been studying Computer Electronics

Tell us about your history in WoW or other MMOs:
Gonna try to make this as short as possible. I started playing 4 days post to release of Vanilla as a Tauren Warrior on the Aggramar, took me quite some time to get to lv.60, in which I was invited to a 20man raiding guild which cannot for the life of me remember the name of. In said guild, I was offtanking/dpsing the first 4 bosses of Zul'Gurub upon the release of the instance, in which time I was also levling a NightElf Hunter on Sunstrider.

When my Hunter hit 60, I was quickly invited to the guild Fusion on the server. During my time here, which was most of Vanilla, I raided with these after abandoning my warrior, on my offtime I was also levling a Orc Rogue on the Emerald Dream server. A week after the Naxxramas release, I felt that I have had enough of Hunters, and that I had fallen in love with my Rogue, I proceeded by leaving my hunter behind and rolled my rogue, who was pretty much a 5man-hero for the remainder of Vanilla.

When TBC stroke my rogue was still my main, and continued to be so throughout the expansion, in which I early on joined the guild Arctic Vikings. I also played a priest quite a bit at this time, as holy, but never as a mainchar.

Wotlk opened, and I was quickly given a officerpossition around start-naxx as the previous rogue classleader left. I quickly aspired to become the main raidleader of the guild till roughly halfway in Ulduar. Around this time, however, I had also decided to roll an alt on a reallife friends server, a Draenei DK on Grim'Batol. After some time on my rogue, I decided the time for my depart from Arctic Vikings was due, and I ended up joining the guild Knights of Glory on my DK. However, due to my past relations, you may call it cold feet, I decided to leave them after rouhgly 6 months and return to AV, this time as Faction change had gotten available, as a DK.

After not to long back in AV, I got my raidleader position back. During our Strifes in ICC, I also decided to powerlevel my priest and reroll her as shadow, which is currently my in-guild main there as the guild was in desperate need of those, however, I still see my "personal" main to be my Deathknight, as I am a bit of an Achievementwh*re on him still.

Info about your computer and internet connection:
I run on Windows 7 with 4 GB ram, a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX screendisplay card, I am confident in my computer as I with V-Sync on can roll around Dalaran with 60 FPS constantly. Also 24" screen (18" laptop).
I run on a 100 Mb/s fiberline, so it should be needless to say that I wont be the oddball that lags out every single time we pull Lana'thel Smile
I must honestly admit that I have a problem with my soundcard which I cannot for the life of me seem to fix. It has a problem through Ventrilo which will occasionally make my entire soundcard crash, resulting in me having to reboot to make it work again. I'm currently scrapping together cash to get a premium one shortly, and the good news is that this only occurs if I'm on Vent for like 6 hours straight.

Do you use an Authenticator?:
I honestly feel that anyone who doesen't are making a mistake, so yes.

How stable is your internet connection?:
I've never had problems since the day I upgraded to fiber.

How much fps do you normally have in 25man raids in combat?
60 (possibly skyrocketly more if I turn off V-Sync)

Whats your ping (latency) in dalaran?
roughly 50 at worst, however, this is Emerald Dream we're talking about.

Does ANY other person have or will ever have access/password to your account? :
Some people do know my password (if they have been bothered to remember it) as I've had people do Wintergrasp for me when I was at work, but I do however have an Authenticator, so no.

Did you read and understand the criteria for joining us inside the "Application Template"? Answer in Yes or No
I do.

Character Information
Character Name:
Terryy

Class & Race:
Troll Death Knight

Professions (including Cooking & Fishing): (State your skill and rare recipies also)
Jewelcrafting (450, got every epicgem possible), Inscription (450, got every glyph), Fishing/Cooking/Faid (450)

Main spec:
Currently Frostdps, however, where Frostdps is more fun I've always handled Unholydps better, and would be more than willing to spec/regem for it. (if you check my armorylink right after posting this, I might not have got around to it yet). To explain some pieces like the fact that I lack 4set, it would be a frostdps thing, in which Raging Behemoths for example is a better choice. I will get right on aquiring the t10 headpiece and shoulders, which should not take me too long. Also, I will change my Ashen Verdict ring to the Dps one as I currently have the tank one should I be accepted as unholy DK.

Off Spec:
Blood Tanking. I maintanked Arctic Vikings first 10man LK kill, and I've done alot of tankingduty for the guild, I also feel like I handle DK tanking well.

Armory Profile:
[url=It's-a me!]http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Terryy[/url]

Information about your Keybindings: (We need to know what sort of keybindings you use for your spells/abiltiies.)
My keybindings are wierd to most people, just to start off. I've rebound pretty much everything, along with movement, and I use the mouse/arrows to move (laugh it up!), where I have my WASD bound to abilities like interrupt, Deathcoil/FrostStrike, Taunt and cooldowns. Other than that, It's the basic 1; Pestilence, 2; PS, 3; IT, 4; BS, 5; SS which should come as default. I feel that this way of keybinding only improves my performance however, and would not think twice about changing my way of play should it do otherwise.
I also have alt bound to some other cooldowns like Aotd, hastepot, DeathPact and the alike. A full Keybind setup can be viewed on my screenshot at the end of this post.
Also, my T is bound to a Doubleclick macro for BloodTap+Boneshield/Unbreakable Armor, where Y is a Cancelaura macro for the Blood Tap buff.

Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone?: (Yes / No)
Yup.

Previous PvE Experience:
Classic:
Everything up and including Patchwerk and Grobbulus. I also tried Anub'Rehkan, but we gave up on that for the time after a day of attempts.
TBC:
Everything untill Kalecgos, who we got to 30%~ (dragon) 40%~ (demon). Yes, this includes Illidan, Kael'thas, Vashj and Archimonde, even though we took Illidan post-nerf.
WotLK:
My current progress would be 11/12 normals 25man and 5/12 hardmodes 10man, however, I feel well versed and personally updated enough on all said encounters on hardmodes to be able to adapt to the normal->HM changes fairly quick, as should be granted with my old Raidleader experience.

Hodir rep level :
Exalted
First aid level :
450, however, this skill is somewhat useless and I never use it in a situation I might aswell be Deathstriking in.

Do you have any PvP experience? If so what rating and bracket? (High rating players is a huge plus)
I had my DK's 2v2 rating at 1769 at highest, this was the day where Scrourgestrike was overnight hit with the nerfbat, in which we became useless in 2v2. (for more info, do a search on Arenajunkies)

Do you have any out of game skills useful to the guild like web designing or movie making?:
Sadly no, I've thought about learning it, but to be quit honest with you, I don't know where to start.

List names and class of every character you played at least up to level 70+(Experience with other classes is a small plus)
Grock, lv.72 Warrior (played in parts of ZG, also cleared Kara as offtank)
Selex, lv.73 Hunter (my main in Vanilla (read above for progress), hardly touched since)
Terah, lv.80 AssassinationRogue (my main for most of my wow-life. Has cleared 6/12 in both modes in ICC, seen everything else but Yogg with him)
Ci, lv.80 HolyPala (This actually was my main for a whopping 2 days for a while, as tank. Seen 10/12 of ICC with this. I feel like I handle holypala very well, however, I find little to no enjoyment in the playstyle on a lengthy manner)
Alh, lv.80 ShadowPriest (Was holy in TBC, in which I was commonly used for guild main-raid where they needed healers. This char was also part of the guilds first Zul'jin kill, and has seen many one Archimonde progress raids. If you would like me to, I would be more than willing to join with this character as a main, and I am WELL versed in the shadowy arts. I will also be willing to refine my healing offspec/gear should it be needed.

Do you know anyone from Results May Vary?
Haam, while I may have had my onetomany arguments with him, I (hope) we both respect one another as people, and I feel those arguments would have not occured had I not had the raidleader rank.

Guuru (this name might be unknown to most of you here, however, I am utterly clueless as to who his main is currently), my old theroycraft-pal. We could litterarely spend hours upon hours talking raidsetups, bossmechanics and DeathKnights.

Moomoojuju, I LOVE this guy, and he is possibly the main driving force for me to choose this guild instead of one at Emerald Dream or Grim'batol, and I along with many felt gutted when he left Arctic Vikings. I would love to play once more with him, as hes the kind of guy you could spend hour on hours with after we had bugged our way inside the Alliance Inn in Dalaran with, just to chug down ingame beers and dance on the barstools.

What do you expect from Results May Vary?
This seems to be a good segment to put in why I am, for the last time, leaving Arctic Vikings. I feel the guild there does not live up to my level of gameplay, which can become frustrating, especially as a raidleader. I also feel the raidleader position brings out my bad side at times. I was first going to step down from Raidleading duty, but then the thought struck me that if I was not gonna be there as a "Pushing" force for AV, it would be more to my personal interest to aspire to something higher.
As to the question at hand, I feel Results May Vary undoubtedly is this "something higher", and a good goalpoint for me as a PvE-player.

Are you fine with respeccing to a spec of the guilds need?
Yes! Hell, I'll even mainchange to something else in Cataclysm should you guys need me to!

We raid Thursday and Monday 19:00-23:00. Does the times suit you?
Most certainly.

How active do you plan to be? What days can you and cant you raid?
As far as my weekly overall plan go, I can raid every single day till 23:00, should not something special happen that would require my attention in Reallife.

Who controls your game time? (Wife/Girlfriend etc)
Well, I am 20, but I do still live at home. This may strike you as childish or whatever, but I do have a deal with my mother to have turned off my main computer (yes, I have two) at ~23:00 in weekdays, this due to the wall between our two rooms being made of chalk or whatever, so every single keystroke I make will keep her up, as she goes to bed at that time. 'tis a hassle really Smile Should any further play be needed post to this, I would be willing to log on my laptop and continue there, however, the stats on this computer might slow down my gameplay (not too significantly however)

Any additional information you need to tell us?
I snore. You do not want to sleep next to me. You can ask Moomoo for further info on this. Also, I tend to write way to much on matter like these, so please excuse me if I wrote too much ;p

Post a Picture of your UI (User interface):
[Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm WoWScrnShot_071910_143840

Updated Version of "less PvP'ish" keybinds:
[Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm WoWScrnShot_071910_150209
Back to top Go down
lungorthin
High Warlord
High Warlord
lungorthin

[Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm   [Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 21:27

i m sry but you re not exactly what we re looking for . tnx for application and good luck finding a guild
Back to top Go down

[Declined] Terryy - dps/tank DK X-Realm
Page 1 of 1